Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Vegan MoFo Day 6: SF World Veg Fest






3930562108_f07c8dec17


As I mentioned in my last post, on Saturday I was tabling for Compassionate Cooks at the San Francisco World Veg Fest in Golden Gate Park.

Holding down the fort at the Compassionate Cooks booth!  (SF World Veg Fest 2009)


Colleen Patrick-Goudreau is a lovely wonderful feisty person and I had such a good time being her sidekick and talking to people about veganism and cooking!

Me and Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, after six hours of tabling!
Me and Colleen, repping it East Bay style


Both of her awesome cookbooks were selling like hotcakes!

I was STOKED to find out our table was right next to Sugar Beat Sweets, the hottest new thing since hotness was invented!!

Me and half of the Sugar Beat Sweets ladies!
Erica, me, and Melisser


Seriously though, the ladies of SBS rock vegan baking like no one else and I was lucky enough to sample a cinnamon bun the size of my head, a chocolate cheesecake bar, a s'mores cheesecake bar (made with Dandies!!, and a rice krispies treat (I shared! Kelly and JP were stuck at home doing homework so I brought some back for them). It was all so insanely decadent I can't even begin to describe how happy it all made me. If that's not enough sugary deliciousness for you, how about some FROSTING SHOTS?!

Frosting shots.  Yes.  It's exactly what it sounds like.
Yes. Exactly what it sounds like (ie, amazing).


So cannot wait for their storefront in SF to open!!

Also got my picture taken with Josh from Herbivore! (I also promptly bought the girly version of the shirt he's wearing.)

Me and Josh Hooten of Herbivore fame
I feel faster/smarter/sexier just after having stood next to him. Like a vegan Jesus.


Much food (other than wonderful baked things) was also consumed: a raw curry avocado wrap, a parfait and a SUPER DELICIOUS blueberry limeade from Alive, yummy taquitos from Flacos, and afterwards, a fun dinner with friends at Cha-Ya's new location!

I saw so many people I knew this year! I realized that it was a year to the day that I had met Melisser for the first time, mere weeks after I'd moved to the Bay Area. So much has changed in a year! I have a new position at work, I've made lots of friends, I moved in with Kelly and JP, I picked up some new hobbies, and, nearly doubled my cookbook collection in size, and we'll be getting a few furry additions to our little family in 1-2 weeks! There's some not great stuff that's happened as well, and I miss Oregon and my friends like whoa, but I'm happy I'm finally feeling a little settled into my East Bay digs for the moment.

It was just a really awesome Saturday.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Great photos!!! I laughed for like ten minutes after reading the vegan Jesus comment!!! Funny stuff. That Hooten IS pretty spectacular!!! Hmmm... I really wanted to drive down to SF for the VegFest, but last minute planning just wasn't on my side. Maybe next year! I still desperately want to try a SBS cupcake!!! Glad you enjoyed yourself and had the opportunity to table with such an awesome cookbook author - lucky you!

The Voracious Vegan said...

What a great time you had! Frosting shots AND vegan Jesus! It couldn't be better. Everything looks so wonderful!

Debra said...

How fun! I am reviewing Colleen's book. I already did a preview review but still have recipes to test.

Mihl said...

Ach ich bin ganz neidisch! Du siehst toll aus hinter dem Tisch.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

We were glad to be next to you too! Thank you for holding trays as I was freaking out & rearranging! ha.
xo!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

This is awesome! I freaking love the one of you, Erika, and Melisser. So adorable.

Melinda said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Susan said...

What a great sounding day! Frosting shots are a hilarious idea, though the thought of all that sugar without some cakey goodness to dilute it makes my head hurt a little. ;) But all that baked stuff sounds just like perfection!

Erin said...

I'm so sad that I couldn't make it! You got to hang with all the east bay vegan celebrities.