Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sucka MoFo: Vegan Month of Food 2009!



Happy autumn y'all! I don't know what the weather is like where you are but there's an undeniable crispness in the air during my morning commute, and my bike wheels is crunching through more and more crispity brown leaves. YES. I love autumn so much. There's squash, and the last of the really amazing tomatoes and corn, and Halloween, and appley things, and wind, and VEGAN MONTH OF FOOD!

3930562108_f07c8dec17


That's right, Vegan MoFo is back for its third year. Kell and I participated last year as well. Isa says:

The idea is to write as much as you can for the month of October about vegan food. The blog entries can be about anything food related - your love of tongs, your top secret tofu pressing techniques, the first time your mom cooked vegan for you, vegan options in Timbuktu - you get the idea. There is no strict guideline for how much you have to write, but we shoot for about 20 times a month, or every weekday.

If you want to participate, head over the Kittee's blog! It's super fun, a little challenging, and way educational.

And now some random stuffs! The Sisters Vegan is now on Twitter and Facebook, so if you like reading random shit and hearing about what I made for dinner, follow us on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook!.

There's big news around the Berkeley Three's household: we're getting CATS! And they DANCE DANCE DANCE and they DANCE DANCE DANCE! Not really. Well sort of. They're very cute despite the lack of dancing. My parents have been taking care of a stray that they named Hildie for the past few months, and all of a sudden about a month ago they heard mewing from our woodpile...KITTENS! There were three kittens with Hildie, all completely different colors. Mom is going to keep Hildie and one of the kittens, and we're taking the other two, as soon as they're old enough. ALL of them are obviously going to be spayed/neutered but we have to wait until they're old enough. We cannot wait. I promise many pictures.

And the most important thing: Kelly and I are participating in Farm Sanctuary's 2009 Walk for Farm Animals in San Francisco. Basically we get to raise money to help animals and look super sporty doing it. It's a win-win. Seriously though, it's a really awesome thing to do and since there are walks taking place all over the country, you should do it too!

So if you'd like to sponsor us (even $1 or $5 helps!!), please throw some cash money right here. If you have no money to spare but would like to help and aren't already vegan, please consider going vegan for the month of October in solidarity! You'll find a great list of resources and blogs to the right of this entry with plenty of helpful info on the hows and whys of veganism and plenty of delicious recipes. Speaking of which, I'll be posting more Isa testers shortly.

Happy MoFo!!

7 comments:

Mihl said...

This is going to be the best Vegan MoFo of al times! And triple yay for the cats...even if they are not dancing.

Tami (Vegan Appetite) said...

Give those kitties time, they'll dance!

Mandee said...

I love autumn as well but it's spring here right now which can be just as nice! I do envy the crispness in the air you are experiencing!

And hooray for VeganMoFo and new kittens! I can't wait to see pics and pics and pics of them :D

Susan said...

Hurrah for kittens! I am so excited for you - cats make the world go round and a life is always improved by some feline input (OK, so I may be coming from a cat lady point of view, but still).

I think these walks are a wonderful thing! I was just thinking today I wish we had some charity walks for critters in Australia. Next year I am going to borrow my friend's dog and do Million Paws for the RSPCA. But I can't run, so more walking! I hope you raise lots of mulah for the critters!

The Voracious Vegan said...

VEGANMOFO YAY!

Happy to hear about the kitties!

Lazy Smurf said...

I want a kitten to live with me! Someday... Happy Mofo!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I look forward to the future cats!