Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day: Vegan Latina testers



Hope everyone is having a lovely Labor Day! If you're in the states, that is. Monday 3-day-weekends usually throw me off, but I managed to get work done AND take a nap without feeling guilty about it, so I'm doing quite well.

I have some new Vegan Latina testers to throw your way. Terry just keeps impressing us with her delicious creations. I CANNOT wait until this book comes out and I encourage everyone to snatch up a copy (or two) when it does.

Classic Roasted Tomatillo Salsa (Vegan Latina tester)
Classic roasted tomatillo salsa

Red Beans with Dominican Style Sazón (Vegan Latina tester)
Red beans with Dominican style sazón

Quinoa Roasted Pumpkin Risotto (Quinotto) (Vegan Latina tester)
Quinoa roasted pumpkin risotto (Quinotto)

Pan Fried Spicy Quinoa & Beans with Red Onion Salsa (Vegan Latina tester)
Pan-fried spicy quinoa & beans with red onion salsa

Hearty Pumpkin and Cranberry Bean Stew (Porotos Granados) (Vegan Latina tester)
Hearty pumpkin and cranberry bean stew (Porotos Granados) - I subbed navy beans


Coming soon: I'm also testing for Isa Chandra Moskowitz's new book! I've got quite a few pictures together and I'll be posting about that more often. Kelly also spent a few hours in the kitchen making homemade pear sauce, and will doing a write-up of that as well!

7 comments:

Mandee said...

I want that boooooook! Is there a recipe for gorditas?

The Voracious Vegan said...

I love tomatillo salsa - so fresh and spicy! Everything looks SO amazing!

BitterSweet said...

I've never had truly great vegan Mexican food, so I'm really excited for this book!

Amey said...

you lucky little testing devil! I gotta get in on that action someday. That Vegan Latina book is really tormenting me. I absolutely cannot wait. It's definitely my kind of food.
:)

Mihl said...

Seriously, your tester pics should be in the book!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I need to make more Terry testers, dang!

Erin said...

I have no doubt that this book is going to be amazing!

Was that tomatillo salsa the stuff you had at the housewarming party by the hummus? Whatever that stuff was, it was amazing.