Friday, July 24, 2009

Oh, Portland!



Once again while in Portland, OR, I had an amazing amazing time with friends new and old and ate myself silly. I also had more work done on my tattoo at Scapegoat, and there were plenty of 4th of July revelries to be had.



FLAVOUR SPOT!  WAFFLES WAFFLES WAFFLES!
FLAVOUR SPOT! WAFFLES WAFFLES WAFFLES!

Vegan Waffle Sandwich from Flavour Spot
If everyone in the world had one of these vegan waffle sandwiches, there would be no war.

SNARF.
Snarfing waffle while walking down Burroughs. I am teh hardcore.

Happy Bowl with aioli & BBQ sauce!
Happy Bowl with garlic aioli & BBQ sauce...

Ice almond milk chai late.
...and an iced almond milk chai latte, both from Sweetpea Bakery

Case at Sweetpea Bakery
The case at Sweetpea. FILLED WITH DELECTABLES!

Brownie from Black Sheep Bakery (c/o farmer's market!).  Also starring Erica's foot.
Brownie from Black Sheep Bakery c/o Kelly at the farmer's market! Also starring Erica's foot.

Mexican Bowl @ Blossing Lotus
Mexican bowl...

Lavender Lemonade from Blossoming Lotus
...and lavender lemonade from Blossoming Lotus downtown

Books from Powell's!
My haul from Powell's

Coconut Lemonade from coffee shop whose name I don't rember
Coconut lemonade from a coffee shop in SW whose name I don't remember...they also had vegan lemon poppy seed scones!

I went to Bay Leaf with Happy Herbivore and her husband, who were passing through town at the same time I was!

Spring Rolls @ Bay Leaf
Spring Rolls

Sesame Tofu @ Bay Leaf
Sesame Tofu (my favorite dish, I get it every time!)

Pad Thai @ Bay Leaf
Pad Thai

Mango Tofu @ Bay Leaf
Mango Tofu

Chocolate Glazed Donut from Voodoo Donuts
Chocolate Glazed Doughnut from Voodoo Donuts

My friend Morgan's awesometastic vegan neighbors once again went all out and made an amazing vegan brunch that I am still dreaming about!

AWESOMETASTIC BRUNCH: tofu scramble/soyrizo/potato breakfast burritos, fruit salad
Tofu scramble breakfast burritos with meatless chorizo and potatoes, and fruit salad

AWESOMETASTIC BRUNCH: strawberry muffins, made by me!
My contribution: strawberry-banana "Anything Goes" muffins, made using the recipe in Vegan-a-Go-Go! Thanks Sarah Kramer!

Tattoo part 2, part 2, view 3
More tattoo.

4th of July noms: tempeh and couscous with homegrown zucchini and kale with peppers & onions
Homegrown veggies taste the best: balsamic-maple tempeh with zucchini, kale with peppers & onions, and couscous. The kale and zukes are from Erica's gorgeous wanna-live-there-forever garden!

Rena being a happy 4th of July puppy
...and a happy 4th of July puppy!


Sadly I did not get pictures of two fabulous breakfasts at Paradox, which were two of the best vegan meals I've ever had EVER, and various bagels and things bought at Herbivore, etc. Ah well, there's always next time, right? ;) Many thanks to the friends who graciously put me up and fed me and shared in my adventures! <3<3<3

5 comments:

Jacob said...

It's funny that you enjoyed breakfast at Paradox so much. I feel like that place has kind of been falling off lately. I'm glad you enjoyed it though. Have you been to Juniors? They do a good vegan breakfast.

BitterSweet said...

So. Much. Deliciousness! Goodness, I miss Portland!

Amazing tattoo, by the way- That looks intense!

a-k said...

ONE DAY I will get to Portland. Till then, I'll have to live vicariously through your blog post! Looks so yummy!

Mihl said...

Oh man, ich bin ziemlich neidisch :)
Looks like you had a fantastic time. Portland sounds too good to be true.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Man, I love Flavour Spot! Looks like you had an amazing time!