Monday, June 29, 2009

Portland, ho!



It's true. I'm off again on Wednesday to travel into the Great White North aka Oregon for some much-needed vacay. I'm going to be visiting old friends, meeting up with some new ones, getting more tattoo, and EATING MY WAY THROUGH TOWN. Yessss, Portobello and Flavour Spot, I'm COMIN' TO GETCHA!, to borrow the immortal words of the fabulous Laura B.

Yes yes, I know you're all horribly jealous of my pathetic fabulous jetsetting joke of a life, so in order to soothe the envious beast(s) inside you, I'm offering up Vegan Latina tester recipe photos. I'll return Monday with a bigger tummy, a sore arm, and many pictures of P-Town. Yay veganism!

Sweet Basil & Corn Pot Pie (Vegan Latina tester)
Sweet Basil & Corn Pot Pie

Arroz con Seitan (Vegan Latina tester)
Arroz con Seitan

Creamy Avocado Tomato Salsa (Venezeulan Guasacaca) (Vegan Latina tester)
Creamy Avocado Tomato Salsa (Venezeulan Guasacaca)

Tomato Salad with Sweet Crisp Onions (Ensalada Chilena) (Vegan Latina tester)
Tomato Salad with Sweet Crisp Onions (Ensalada Chilena)

Tempeh asado (Vegan Latina tester)
Tempeh asado

Savory Orange Rice, Brazilian Style (Vegan Latina tester)
Savory Orange Rice, Brazilian Style

Braised Brazilian Shredded Kale (Vegan Latina tester)
Braised Brazilian Shredded Kale

Quicker Red Posole (Vegan Latina tester)
Quicker Red Posole

So Good, So Green Dipping Sauce (Vegan Latina tester)
So Good, So Green Dipping Sauce

Peruvian Red Chile Corn Salad with Limas & Cherry Tomatoes (Vegan Latina tester)
Peruvian Red Chile Corn Salad

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am pretty sure I banned you from my city! Ooooh, but you have reminded me that it's been some time since I biked up to Flavour Spot and now I want a waffle.

dreaminitvegan said...

The avocado salsa, tempeh asado, go on.......yum!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Oooh! Aaaaah! Yummmm! Go get a yeasted donut from Voodoo, I'm dying to try them!

vegan.in.brighton said...

I'm really looking forward to vegan Latina coming out, the arroz con seitan looks yummy...and I'm super jealous of your trip to Portland, I can't wait until next year so I can get tattooed there myself!

Mihl said...

Wow, you are such a fantastic tester and all your great photos shoud be in the book! I wish I had more time for testing.
Have a lot of fun in Portland and bring back lots of pics!

Laura LP said...

Hey! I am writing in my blog again, fyi. I'll update a lot more frequently because I have bascially nothing else to do now that I graduated. :-P

Also, I'm crashing at my parents' house until I get a job, which means I'm close-ish to Berkeley. Are you still living there? Let me know when you get back. We can grab lunch or somethin'. :)

By the way, you should let me know if you see any "Help Wanted" signs in Berkeley. I'd love to live there. :)