Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Bunnies Effing Day!



What can I say, I'm not at all religious.

But, our family still is (sort of), AND today is our daddy's birthday (happy birthday Daddums!), AND I am lucky enough to have a half day at work, so Kell and I are headed up north to visit the famfam. There will be much bike-riding and food and hopefully some chocolate. 'Twill be excellent.

I leave you today with testers from the lovely and talented Terry Hope Romero's upcoming Vegan Latina cookbook! The recipes span the South American continent and so far they are fun to cook AND fun to eat!

Colombian red beans, Llapingachos with Peruvian Spicy Cheezy Sauce (Vegan Latina testers)
Colombian red beans, Llapingachos (mashed potato pancakes) and Peruvian Spicy Cheezy Sauce

Simple Sofrito (Vegan Latina tester)
Simple Sofrito

Butternut Black Eyed Pea Tostadas (Vegan Latina tester)
Butternut Black Eyed Pea Tostadas

Pupusas w/Simple Latin Tomato Sauce, Swiss Chard w/Capers & Raisins, Cilantro-Lime Rice (Vegan Latina tester)
Pupusas with Simple Latin Tomato Sauce, Swiss Chard with Capers & Raisins, Cilantro-Lime Rice

Beans with Rice, the remix (Pinto Gallo) (Vegan Latina tester)
Beans with Rice, the remix (Pinto Gallo)

Tacos with homestyle refried beans and cilantro-lime rice (Vegan Latina testers)
Homestyle Refried Beans (featured in simple tacos)


There are also these AMAZING Eggplant Torta Sandwiches (complete with Pickled Red Onions, OMG TASTY!) that I didn't get a picture of...because they went in our tummies so fast! Favorite recipe thus far.

Why yes, I DO use the same plates for EVERYTHING I cook. Back off, it's vintage Corningware from the 1970s! (I <3 50s & 70s kitchen stuff...and knitting patterns/yarn.)

Are you starving now? Because I am. Where's my banana?!!

5 comments:

K said...

It all looks so delicious! I have an excessive love for tostadas. I can't wait for that book, yay Terry!


Thanks for the awesome pictures ladies! :) Hope you enjoy the visit with the fam!

(This is kelly/jaxin btw. :P )

a. said...

oh my goodness! that all looks delicious! *drools*

Mihl said...

Wow, you've been a busy tester! Happy Easter and Happy Birthday to your dad.

Erin said...

That all looks so good. I'm super hungry right now, which doesn't help. And I like your plate! I'd use it all the time too if I had it.

Hope you had a good time last weekend!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Man, I need to make some of those!