Monday, March 9, 2009

You like me, you really like me!



I got a late birthday present from my wonderful cousin, and it was so awesome I wanted to share it:

Birthday presents from Michelle!


Polenta, rice, and more legumes than you can shake a stick at (as well as handmade coasters and potholders!). NOM! I love having a well-stocked cupboard!

I came home late on Thursday to find a care package from the lovely and talented Mihl of Seitan is my Motor!

Care package from Mihl!!


LOOK AT ALL THAT GERMAN STUFF! :D In addition to a sweet letter, there was waldbeer tea (my favorite!), Mamba (like Starburst but vegan!), Gummib√§rchen (gummy bears), marzipan Rittersport chocolate, Mr. Tom (vegan caramel and peanuts, tastes kind of like Cracker Jack without the popcorn...there used to be two of them but, uh, someone ate one...clearly not me...*shifty glance*), and a bag of Gr√ľnkern, which is spelt grains that are harvested when they are still green and then dried, and have a smokey taste! I think I am most excited about them. :3

My friends and family know me well. Food = a happy Meg!

3 comments:

Blog said...

Wait, they make vegan starburst-like candies? I must google this immediately!

Mihl said...

Glad you liked it :D

Erin said...

Oh man, I totally still owe you and I haven't forgotten! Will e-mail soon...