Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's day dinner



I've been so impressed by the valentine's day meals that other food bloggers put together. I wish I was that creative! I just made something I knew my man would enjoy. He's a big fan of tempeh and potatoes, so of course the Tempeh Shepherdess Pie in Veganomicon caught my eye...

Tempeh Shepherdess Pie (Vcon)

Tempeh Shepherdess Pie (Vcon)


...served with a big side of mustard greens, a la Ratatouille's shepherd's pie.

And the boy is also addicted to green tea in a big way, and I'd had my eye on the Green Tea Tiramisu from My Sweet Vegan for a long time. Now, I've never made tiramisu before, even as an omni, so I was pretty apprehensive. It TASTED amazing, however, mine did not look nearly as gorgeous as Hannah's (obviously!). My matcha wasn't quite as green, and my layers not quite as straight, but the soft sponge cake and delicious cashew matcha cream sent my tastebuds soaring! So don't judge my picture too harshly. If you try your hand at this, I would definitely recommend refrigerating your tiramisu overnight. I left it in the fridge for the minimum two hours, and it was yummy, but overnight the flavors really had a chance to develop and the cake was much more green tea-y. My parents and sister came over the next day and had some of the leftovers, and they all thought it was delicious (omnivore approved!).

Green Tea Tiramisu (My Sweet Vegan)


Happy (late) Valentine's Day!

7 comments:

Mihl said...

I am very impressed with your food. Especially with the tiramisu!

allularpunk said...

it all sounds yummy to me!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I've been thinking about making that tempeh pie. I think Ryan would like it.

BitterSweet said...

You're the first person I've seen who's made the tiramisu, so I'm really happy that you enjoyed it! And I definitely think making it and letting it sit overnight works best, especially since you don't need to fuss over it the day that it's served. :)

The Harbinger of Horror said...

Mmm, I've gotta try that tempeh pie!

vanessa said...

I've been eying that recipe in veganomicon for awhile now... This has convinced me. I must make it.

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色