Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy (early) Valentine's Day!



Apparently Valentine's Day is supposed to be about buying expensive things and stressing over extravagant dinners and forced, awkward intercourse. Not for me, thankyouverymuch! I buy my own expensive things (cookbook addiction, anyone?), I stress over extravagant dinners NORMALLY, and I like my intercourse quick and angry. (Feel uncomfortable yet?)

No, for me Valentine's Day is all about baking! Baking what? Like you even need to ask...

COOKIES! More Isa & Terry testers, to be exact:

Hazelnut Fudge Dreamies (Isa/Terry tester)
Hazelnut Fudge Dreamies

I think these are my favorites so far! The filling is DIVINE! The whole thing is like a delicate hazelnutty fudgy puff of yum!

Chocolate marmalade sandwich cookies (Isa/Terry tester)
Chocolate Marmalade Sandwich Cookies

JP's classmates went nuts over these!

Tahini Lime Cookies 2 (Isa/Terry tester)
Tahini Lime Cookies

Coworkers loved these! Like a grown-up peanut butter cookie.

Linzertorte Thumbprints 2 (Isa/Terry tester)
Linzertorte Thumbprints

Brought these in to work today for Valentine's Day! So pretty!

All joking aside, I DO actually have a nice dinner planned for the boy tomorrow, so I'll be sure to post a review. As always, I'm making recipes I've never tried before, so we'll see how that goes.

4 comments:

madcap said...

I cannot WAIT for this book to come out. These cookies all look amazing. Seriously. Drool. Now for the part where Blogger tells me I'm a robot...

Mihl said...

Linzer Torte thunbprints? You are killing me.

BitterSweet said...

Man, anyone would be lucky to be your Valentine! It all looks crazy delicious.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

COOKIEMANIA!