Friday, January 9, 2009

One year old!



Wow! I didn't even realize it until I started look at old photos last night, but The Sisters Vegan is (are?) one year old this month! Holy crap! I can't believe it. It feels like we just started. And we've met so many amazing people along the way, it's such a wonderful experience! Happy anniversary to US!

To celebrate this happy occasion, I present you with some choice pics of the Pee Wee's Veg Adventure New Year's Eve that Melisser and a bunch of PPKers put together. It was super super awesome, even for someone who was slightly too young to appreciate Pee Wee's Playhouse as a youngin'. The food was themed!

FOODS!

Also foods!  And Tess!


Check out this photo for the tags on what food was what. You can see my and JP's contribution in the back "Fire in the Playhouse Bread" (our first attempt with our sourdough starter!) and the warm & cheesy white bean dip from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan! All the food was amazing. No seriously, everything I put into my mouth was fantastic. I think I scarfed down about 500 of everything. And it was wondrous.

Thug Strummer's photoshoot
Melisser, Tess, and tiny Strummer!


Yay camera!
Folks (& Strummer again!)


Newly engaged!
Too cute!


Marissa & Howie brought LTD!!!
JP and I were ecstatic that Marissa & Howie brought Full Sail LTD!!!


More photos are up here!

Check out Melisser's and Erin's much better photographs of the night!

Kelly's coming over to make dinner with me tonight, to kick of the chronicling of our adventures for another year!

3 comments:

erica said...

woo! congrats! you two are my favorite vegan blog by far.

PS. grandma's recipe = seriously bomb.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

The food WAS delish, wasn't it?! Our pizza party is going to be the best EVER. Okay, 2nd best after your actual birthday. Anything will be better than MY birthday!

BitterSweet said...

Congrats on one year of blogging! I'm totally jealous of that party though... Things like this make me wish I were on the west coast!