Monday, January 5, 2009

Belated Christmas Feast



This year was our first all-vegan Christmas, and I wanted to share the yummy pictures! Everyone - me, Kelly, JP, dad, and mom - all pitched in, and there was a considerable lack of stress and/or breakdowns this year, which is always a good thing.


All vegan Christmas dinner!
The table, resplendent...


Baby spinach salad with Softly Spiced Nuts (ED&BV!) and dates
Baby spinach salad with Softly Spiced Nuts (ED&BV!) and chopped dates


Yummy bread from Costeaux
Country loaf from local bakery


Acorn squash stuffed with cornbread w/pear & pecan stuffing (PPK blog)
Acorn squash stuffed with cornbread/pecan/pear stuffing (recipe here)


Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apple & Onion (Compassionate Cooks recipe)
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apple & Onion (Compassionate Cooks class recipe packet)


Grandma Norma's Candied Yams
Grandma Norma's Candied Yams (recipe to be posted later!)


Christmas feast!
Shot of JP's (full!) plate


...and there was steamed kale (with lime) too but y'all know what that looks like already.

Everything was amazing, if I do say so myself.

Cashew Cream Pear Tart (My Sweet Vegan)


Dessert was Cashew-Cream Pear Tart from My Sweet Vegan which was OMG delicious. My pears were a little juicy and I think soggified my crust a little but it was still good.

My slice with some Soyatoo! on top:

Cashew Cream Pear Tart (My Sweet Vegan) with Soyatoo on top


I hope everyone had amazing holidays! So far 2009 is off to a good start for me, best wishes to all our readers for the new year!

10 comments:

Celine said...

best wishes to you too!
how'd you like the Soyatoo?

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, I would have love to dine with YOU!

pixiepine said...

That all looks amazing!!

Neta said...

If I steal a Santa costume, dress up, fly half way around the globe and squeeze myself through your chimney, can I have a plate too?

Lauren said...

your christmas looked delicious!

my sister and i both read your blog and we decided to start our own! it chronicles our food and non-food adventures in Philadelphia. it's
http://veganroyale.blogspot.com/

we've linked to your blog under "food dudes", hope that's ok!!

herbstsonne said...

Lauren - of course!

All y'all - everyone come to our house for dinner this year, haha! :D

VEGAN TICKLES said...

OMG. Everything looks so good.

VeganCowGirl said...

Those acorn squash look divine..and of course that desert is to die for!! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Mihl said...

Best wishes to you too! Ein frohes und gesundes neues Jahr. Wow, your Christmas food looks so amazing, especially the cake.

BitterSweet said...

Lovely feast! And I would top pretty much everything with Soyatoo if I could, too. Glad you liked the tart!