Monday, December 8, 2008

PPK Sweet Swap






img_0847


On Saturday I met up with the sister and we went to the lovely Jay Moh's house for the PPK Sweet Swap! Kelly brought snickerdoodles that were DIVINE and I made a boatload of crispy oat cookies, which I'll be posting the recipe for soon. There were so many delicious sweets, and these aren't even all of them!


img_0851


2 kinds of truffles, brownies, and rice crispie treats, oh my!


img_0850


(My cookies are in the purplish bowl in the middlish back there) Baklava, chocolate chippers, savory snacks in the back!


img_0849


Melisser's amazing brownie/chickastick/whipped cream trifle, GF pumpkin white chocolate and chocolate chip cookies, Kelly's snickerdoodles, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies


img_0854


Almond cookies, cranberry chocolate chippers, fudge, rum balls, etc! Not picture: oatmeal chippers with rummy ice cream! I was in heaven!


img_0856


As you can see, we were very happy vegans. It was awesome to meet and talk with so many PPKers, ones I'd met before and those I hadn't. Let's do it again soon!

There are more pics from the event in this PPK thread for those interested, and you would be a fool not to be, because there are puppy pictures!!

On the way home, we were so high on sugar that we decided to walk the two miles instead of taking the bus, and chattered like ninnies the whole time! And then Kell made me dinner! :D Which she'll be posting about laters.


Oh god...food coma! Glad the snickerdoodles were a big hit though. They seem to win over any omni mouth I can stuff one into. Loved the experience, was great to hang out and not have to answer questions about how God wants us to eat animals between mouthfuls of food (this seems to be happening a lot recently).

7 comments:

erica said...

OH. MY. SWEET-TOOTHED. GOD. That's such a great idea! With the swapping and the baking and the yum! Much more rewarding than bringing Bomb-ass Apple Cookies to work and having no one eat them because they "look healthy."

herbstsonne said...

OOH Erica do you mean the ginger ones that you modified and made for your birthday last year? Because those were freaking AWESOME.

BitterSweet said...

Woah... That is one ridiculous selection! I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Oh man, I still feel sick just thinking about what I ate. Crazy, crazy sweets swap!u

Mihl said...

What a meetup! It would be quite a cheallenge to find some vegans to swap with over here. I'm drooling over your pictures now.

Erin said...

Nice pictures! I really must get better at recognizing you guys so I can say hi. Oh, and the snickerdoodles WERE amazing. I probably ate an oat cookie too, but there were so many cookies I couldn't tell some of them apart!

Mandee said...

Wow, it all looks great! I can imagine the sugar-high you guys were on after!