Season's greetings, vegans, vegetarians and others! Kelly here staving off a food coma with some Thanksgiving blogging. Meg and JP and I are currently draped on furniture in the living room here digesting an ample amount of vegan desserts. To give you an impression, let me outline the vegan portion of our thanksgiving menu for you:
1. Pumpkin Black Bean Casserole from FatFree Vegan
2. Mom's Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Colleen Patrick-Godreau's Mushroom Gravy
3. Grandma's Red Cabbage
4. Michelle's Butternut Squash Stuffing
5. Grandma's Rolls
6. Cranberry Sauce (2 kinds!)
7. Green Salad with Mandarin Oranges and Candied Balsamic Walnuts
And the dessert menu:
1. Blackberry Pie
2. Dreena Burton's Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
3. Prune Cake
4. Chocolate Chip Prune Bars
While we found it kind of a bummer that we couldn't dissuade the family from having a turkey this year, we want to stress how lucky we are to have parents, cousins and grandparents that made us awesome vegan food. Our super cool german grandma converted her amazing blackberry pie recipe and her rolls to versions without dairy and eggs for us! How awesome is that!?
I am so stuffed! I am also thankful that we have such a wonderful vegan-friendly family. We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, free of drama and/or snide comments! And if not, well, you have a month to recover and find some amazing vegan recipes to dazzle your family with at Christmas.