Monday, November 10, 2008

I <3 turnips



My new favorite root vegetable, beautifully smooth and creamy in The Garden of Vegan's Country Turnip and Carrot Soup (with vegan bacon bits on top...yes, I have an unhealthy obsession, so what?).


Country Turnip and Carrot Soup


Why should you go get some turnips? They last for flippin' EVER. Seriously. Had these been carrots or parsnips, lo, they would have perished eons ago. But these robust little babies kept soldiering on, resolute in their determination to end up in my tummy-tummy.

Plus, soup season is upon us. I never liked soup before I went vegan - now, I am all about that shiz. One cutting board and one big pot and maybe a wooden spoon gets dirty and that's it? Heck yeah. I hate doing the dishes. Dirty dishes are the best reason to get yourself a boyfriend, IMHO. Laziness is, oddly enough, a great motivator.

So get thee to your nearest farmer's market, heave some veggies and water into a pot and voila, soup. It's pretty great.

2 comments:

allularpunk said...

dude. i love soup. i love making soup, too. and the less dishes dirtied, the better. because my boyfriend doesn't wash them. i do. he just likes to dirty as many as possible, instead.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I love soup! Too bad my husband isn't a huge fan.. unless I throw it in a bread bowl!