Monday, August 25, 2008

Random veganish newsish stuff



Just wanted to direct all y'alls attention to this awesome as heck LJ post detailing a vegan miniature foods party, and the many pictures of the many many teeny tiny vegan delicacies (omg the apple pies!) they enjoyed.

I heart it. I wish I were as cool as those folks. I'm totally thieving their idea.

Also: Josh Hooten calls people bigots, and I agree with him (though I didn't before I read the article). A must for anyone in the movement. Basic premise: don't be unnecessarily a dick to people, and that includes the wee ones. It's rude and ageist.

Much to Kelly's bento-making glee, the 2nd edition of Vegan Lunch Box by Jennifer McCann is finally out!

And much to my AND Kelly's glee, we bought tickets for the Vegan à Go Go Book Bash in San Francisco in October! I've been promised root beer floats. I await with bated breath.

In other news: I'm employed! So after I pay rent and buy a bus pass, I'll be able to support my organic foods/vegan cookbooks/random baking tools/fancy ingredients habit more substantially. *eyes glint* Mua ha ha ha ha...

5 comments:

VeganCowGirl said...

Thanks loads for the updates of the bookies! Excellent stuff.

Almost Vegetarian said...

Oh, I know this habit: organic foods/vegan cookbooks/random baking tools/fancy ingredients habit. I HAVE this habit.

I'm just looking for a 12-step program to help me with it!

Cheers.

Erin said...

Oh, I've been meaning to get a ticket to the Vegan A Go Go thing! I'm currently unemployed though, so I'm torn between a sweet event and spending money.

Congrats on getting a jobby job!

e said...

The mini foods were SO rad. Mm. Hungry now.

Urban Vegan said...

Wow. Now I know which blog I need to visit to be a vegan in the know!