Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Check out these potatoes! (does that sound like a euphemism?)



Forgive my lack of posting! Once my finals ended, it was straight to my new job, and alas, my vegan adventure posts have been lacking.
But first, CHECK OUT THESE POTATOES.


There's purple, red, and yukon potatoes - I just think they look lovely. I don't have a lot of time for breakfast in the morning, so I make up a huge batch of these babies and put them in a tub in the fridge and scoop some out for breakfast, heat them up, and add some ketchup and seasoning. Homestyle potatoes on the go, yum!

Random aside, I've been starting to switch over from Clinique facial care products. It's a big deal for me because I've got pretty sensitive skin, and in high school, switching to Clinique was the only thing that made my hideous acne and dry skin issues go away. But Clinique, though they don't test on animals, uses animal products up the wazoo. So I invested in some vegan Alba products, and I'm going to give them a try. It's from their Hawaiian line, which is a little less pricy: the coconut milk facial wash and the aloe & green tea oil-free moisturizer. Here's hoping!



Also...in some areas, summer's a-comin, so how do you stay cool, eh? Homemade vegan popsicles, that's how! You can get popsicle makers anywhere - Ross, Ikea, whatever. These are Blackberry Apple popsicles. There's apple sauce on the bottom because I ran out of blackberries. Anyway, delicious! And I know exactly what's in them, too. I'm hoping to try some chocolate dipped vegan ice cream pops or something.



In other news, I signed up for 24 Hour Fitness, and I'm anxious about what my "trainer" will think about my being vegan. In any case, I've memorized the answers to the 10 Standard Silly Questions about Veganism, so if he pulls a Lame Omni Boy I'll know what to do.

5 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Haha yes it DOES sound like a euphemism.

Oh I used to LOVE making popsicles as a little girl, but haven't done it in years... I think it's high time I made another batch, especially since it's getting to be unbearably hot.

I love your saying, "Peanut butter and jealous." I'll be stealing that one to use in my everyday life ;o)

herbstsonne said...

I stole it from someone on the PPK forums so feel free. ;)

mlheran said...

Yee, potatoes! ("Little potatoes...") :D
I have some purple potatoes growing, or rather, Grandma said she'd grow them for me. They just started blooming, so that means harvest isn't too far off! Yum!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Hey, thanks for the sweet comment about my cake. I usually use this website for my food coloring: http://urbanvegan.blogspot.com/2008/02/make-your-own-natural-food-coloring.html

But sometimes I have to admit I get lazy and just use bottled food coloring (Wilton brand).

Julie said...

mm popsicles!

oh, and i have always wondered about those alba products. i'll be curious to see what your review is on them.